Making your own allergen-friendly foods pays your wallet back the same way eating allergy-friendly food pays your body back!
Ready to Break a Recipe and save time and money? Today’s recipe is Savory Herb and Garlic rolls. The recipe contains no grain, no dairy, no wheat, no yeast, no corn, no soy, or nuts. It mixes up quickly, gets kneaded in a stand mixer for 11 minutes, and the rolls are done baking in an hour.
Now, let’s talk time!
Would you spend more than an hour going from store to store searching for safe rolls? Would you spend more than an hour searching online for them? How long would you wait for them to be delivered? How much would they cost?
How much time do you spend reading labels looking for bread that is free of Grain, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy, Corn, Nuts, and Sesame?
For many of us, label reading becomes the hobby we never wanted and can’t get rid of! When we find a safe food, we’re often disappointed! So many pre-made foods resemble a shingle or a piece of sheetrock more than food!
Let’s quit label reading and get cooking!
When I first started, It took a while to get the texture and appearance right, but it was worth it. The Savory Herb and Garlic rolls in the recipe below have been confused for typical rolls more than once!
When the grain-lovers requested seconds of my allergen-friendly food, I knew I had to share!
Once you start Breaking Recipes, cooking allergen-friendly foods takes no more time than typical cooking and baking!!
We’re going to need grain free flour, coconut milk, olive oil, nutritional yeast, cream of tartar, baking soda, xanthan gum, garlic salt, onion powder, and some parsley. All of these ingredients are available at my local grocery store. No special ordering or searching multiple stores.
Let’s Break A Recipe!
Savory Herb and Garlic Rolls (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Yeast-Free)
- Stand mixer
- Cookie Sheet or Baking Stone
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 18 Ounces Refrigerated Coconut Milk (in the carton)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Cups Grain Free Flour, plus more for "rolling"(see link in post for mix)
- 3 Tablespoons Cream of Tartar
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast (can be omitted)
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasonings
- ½ Teaspoon Parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a baking stone or cookie sheet. Assemble dry Ingredients and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, use the dough hook to add dry ingredients to wet ingredients on lowest speed until moistened.
- Increase speed to 2 and “knead” for 11 minutes.
- Coat 1/4 cup measure cup with flour, scoop batter onto baking stone or baking sheet leaving 2 inches between rolls. For beautiful rolls, coat hands in flour, and gently smooth dough with a light touch.
- Allow rolls to rest or "rise" for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake for one hour. Enjoy when cooled.
This looks easy enough…but what if you’ve never baked before?
- You mix the grain free flour add the other dry ingredients set them aside. Measure the liquids, put them in the mixer bowl.
- Using the dough hook, with the mixer on its lowest speed, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until no dry flour remains along the side.
- Increase the speed to 2 and run the mixer for 11 minutes.
- Turn off the mixer and dip a measuring cup in some extra grain free flour.
- Scoop the dough onto a greased baking sheet.
- Allow the dough to rest and rise for 15 minutes
- Bake at 350F for one hour.
- Slice rolls when cool.
Before You Go…
Thank you for reading, for trying this recipe, and for taking a chance on a recipe made with unique ingredients!
You’ll find it’s easy to make, and your body will feel much better after eating it. You will find your gluten-and grain loving friends going for seconds!
If you’re cooking this for someone with allergies, thank you again for supporting them. You’re an amazing friend. Pin this recipe so you can share it with those who need it, and find it later!
Please tell me how your recipe turned out when you make it. Click here to reach me directly. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest using the links below. I really enjoy your feedback and comments. I can’t wait to hear how your recipe turned out!
Come connect with others who cook without grains. Life’s better with Foodie Friends. We’d love to have you join us in Grain-Free Lifestyle And Support Community.
Wishing You Safe & Delicious Foods, ❤️ Nina
Recipes Are Meant To Be Broken! How Will You Break This One? Post Your Idea In The Comments.
Who do you know who needs this recipe? Share it with them, make it for them, they’ll be so excited to have something delicious they didn’t have to make and everyone else will enjoy them too!
Wishing you safe delicious foods! ❤️ Nina