Having a sleepover? Gotta have brownies! Snacks for a school event…Brownies! Dessert plate…brownies! Quick dessert everyone will love…BROWNIES! Less than an hour start to finish…BROWNIES!
These will not only be some of the best brownies you’ve ever tasted, they’re made without gluten, grain, dairy, egg, soy, corn, almond, cashew, or peanut. No one will notice the difference ✨But, they will go for seconds!✨
Are you ready for some Allergen-Free Brownies?
- They have to taste real
- They have to look real
- They have to be quick to make
- They have to use readily available ingredients
Welcome Break A Recipe!
My name is Nina, I’m a food nerd who cooks and bakes without gluten, grain, dairy, egg, soy, corn, almond, cashew, peanut, or sesame.
When I tell people this, they ask, What’s left to cook with?
I smile and answer, Unicorn Farts, of course!
We both laugh and I get to explain how I make traditional foods like these amazing brownies with simple ingredients like coconut flour, chickpea flour, tapioca flour and some xanthan gum.
That’s kind of my thing, using alternative, allergen friendly ingredients, and creating recipes. As the name of my blog implies, I break things in the kitchen. I would love it if you would come behind the scenes with me every week and let me tell you more about it in my newsletter. You can subscribe by clicking here. I’m a food nerd and I love having foodie friends!
The grain free flour this recipe uses can be found here.
Enough With the Words, Let’s Break A Recipe!
Brownies–Gluten-Free, Vegan, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
- Electric Mixer
- 9×12 baking pan
- 1 cup Coconut Oil softened or melted (room temp)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 3/4 cup Chickpea Flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup Grain Free Flour Blend
- ⅔ cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1¼ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¾ + ⅛ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ + ⅛ teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease 9x 12 pan. Mix dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla. (It will be light and fluffy). Blend chickpea flour into cream until thoroughly mixed. Blend in coconut milk, continue mixing an additional few seconds after it is thoroughly mixed.
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients until batter is thick and fluffy.
- Transfer batter to a greased 9×12 pan and bake for 22-30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Slice when cooled.
- For the Grain-Free Flour Blend I use in this recipe and in all my baking , Click Here.
- For Fudge Brownies, use melted coconut oil.
- For Cake like brownies use softened coconut oil.
Looking for the grain free flour blend used in this recipe? Click here.
I won’t blame if you if you’re already preheating the oven, because Brownies! However if you’re wondering how can I break this recipe? Here are some ideas:
- Make a brownie sundae.
- Use coconut sugar or beet sugar instead of cane sugar.
- Use these brownies as a base for a dessert pizza.
- Bake them in muffin cups for easy serving.
- Use as the base for an allergen safe cheese cake.
Before You Go…
Thank you for reading, for trying this recipe, and for taking a chance on a recipe made with unique ingredients!
You’ll find it’s easy to make, and your body will feel much better after eating it. You will find your gluten-and grain loving friends going for seconds!
If you’re cooking this for someone with allergies, thank you again for supporting them. You’re an amazing friend. Pin this recipe so you can share it with those who need it, and find it later!
Please tell me how your recipe turned out when you make it. Click here to reach me directly. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest using the links below. I really enjoy your feedback and comments. I can’t wait to hear how your recipe turned out!
Come connect with others who cook without grains. Life’s better with Foodie Friends. We’d love to have you join us in Grain-Free Lifestyle And Support Community.
I made a batch of these to take to a family BBQ. I melted the coconut oil to make fudge brownies. HUGE success. The first dessert to go! Nobody realised they were DF, DF, EF until I mentioned it. I will definitely be making these again.
Oh my goodness how good is this brownie!!!???!?!! Its gooey, its rich, its decadent, its absolutely delicious and I am so glad you have created this! My son devoured his and will have a piece in his lunchbox for school tomorrow 🙂 It sure will be a showstopper for the silly season’s food sharing gatherings.